Post Decree Modification

Following entry of a Decree of Dissolution of Marriage it is not uncommon for modifications to occur. While the valuation and allocation of property interests can generally not be changed, child support, parenting time and child custody may be modifiable.  Circumstances change, people remarry, children grow up and the earning capacity of one party or the other may change from what it was at the time the Decree was entered.  In most cases, modifications can be handled agreeably but documents reflecting the modification must be placed in writing, signed by both parties and approved by the court as part of a Order of Modification.  Simply making “side agreements” will have no legal force or effect and will cause problems. 

Have questions about a Legal matter?

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.
Scroll to Top